Pages

Monday 22 July 2013

Who is little Charlemagne?

Little Charlemagne is my ten year old baby - my pride and joy.  


Picture taken July 2013

I speak to him in Teochew 潮州話 and he follows instructions in English too.  The only Teochew word he knows how to say is ain3 慾 which means "I want" in English and yao4 要 in Mandarin. 

I then have to ask him 慾乜個 which in Teochew PêngIm 潮州拼音 is ain3 mig4 gai5 or what do you want in English and in Standard Chinese is 要什麼 ?  He cannot understand instructions in Mandarin and therefore there is not much point in me speaking to him in Mandarin. 

Do you think my baby is clever?  

Charlemagne was a Norwegian Forest Cat but he is no longer so - he is a Norwegian Jungle Cat because he is like a tiger baby - a grey baby tiger and tigers live in jungles and hence Norwegian Jungle Cat! LOL  Little Charlemagne is 10 years old - his birthday was on 3 April this year, Easter Wednesday and we had a wonderful tea party.  He is 10 kilogram and still growing!  LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment